Feb 5, 2012

Wish you were here

I miss my friends.

There was a line on a TV shows I was watching the other day (the world I live in while I'm not living my life) that said something about loneliness at the very bottom of your soul. That's where my loneliness is. Down there. In the muck. At the very bottom of my soul with all the other ugly things.

I know I shouldn't dwell on the negative. Especially not in this blog. Who wants to read about someone else's sadness? "Give us joy!" you cry. "Give us cruel sarcasm! Give us poisonous wit and the odd play on words!"

Oh how I wish I could.

But I need my friends for that. Those incredible women I admire and respect and try my best to channel whenever I have the energy to be a better person. My friends who are far away, with new babies or new boyfriends and not here. Good for them, I say. But God, how it's lonely here without them, when the phone is silent and the inbox empty.

So there is no joy, today. No sarcasm. No wit and no play on words. Just an icky bottom-of-the-soul feeling that won't go away. No matter how much happy yoga tea I drink or TV shows I watch.


2 comments:

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

Awwwww. And I wish you were here! I want to be able to have some more F2F conversations with you, and you're far away.

*weeeeeooooo*

I can whine with you online, though, if it helps. :)

I hope that things will look up in a few days. In the meantime, you know, you are in what could be considered the chocolate capital of the planet. Just sayin'. Maybe a little of the serotonin-boosting cacao bean might help you out a bit. That and some Vitamin D, eh?

*hug*
xx
Karin

Anonymous said...

Oh Res! There are people, and there are people people, and you and me - we are people people! When there ain't no fun folks to play with, well that's just lonesome. Only children - we like to drink, talk, be merry and play. And come up with (or at least borrow) silly words like... the "possimpable".
The mysterious "W" is reading... a life with some mystery - ledgend-dairy!
W