May 15, 2011

Grunt

You already know that I don't do New Year's resolutions. No, not me, I couldn't possibly do anything like anyone else.

So this year, I took some resolutions in May.  Because I can. Seriously. Are you going to stop me? There, I didn't think so.

So anyway, first up on my May resolutions list, lose weight.  This involves some huffing, puffing, and sweating, the details of which I have generously decided to leave out of this post. But it also involves Weight Watchers in all its point-counting, meeting-attending, public-weighing glory.

It has probably not escaped your attention that I live in Switzerland.  Not only that, but I live in the German-speaking part of Switzerland.  So named because no one actually speaks German there.  Nay, instead they speak Schweizerdeutsch, which in German would be pronounced Shwizer-Doitch, but which in S-D is pronounced Shweetser-Dootch.  And that's only the tip of the iceberg.



Needless to say, I understand next to nothing of this beautiful, phlegm-producing language. I know it has a lot of eeee, ooooo, and leeeee sounds, and that anything purporting to be a 'g' or a 'k' is delivered with a vicious scraping of the respiratory tract, but that's about as far as it goes.

Which means that every week I have the privilege of being weighed in public, handed a list of Swiss-sounding foods I'm unable to identify but now know the point-value of, and listening to strangers cough up a lung for thirty minutes.

An original, and hopefully effective diet technique. It certainly is making food sound pretty scary.

1 comment:

stallie said...

WHERE ARE YOU?????