Aug 29, 2009

And this little piggy went...

You won't believe it.

Three months.

Three months I survived working in London.

And on the morning of my departure, on day one of what feels like a seriously well-deserved vacation, what do I wake up with?

Yep.

That's right.

I've got the swine...

Which means this post is now being written from my bed back in Paris, where I sit in semi-delirium completely incapable of sleep despite an early morning departure for the south of France tomorrow.

I don't think I've ever been so dehydrated in my life. Or more inclined to rail against "the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune." You bet it's outrageous. It's a downright disgrace.

But I'm under strict instructions not to write any depressing blog posts and to "keep it light." I also need to prevent the parentals from panicking and calling in the CDC.

So, dehydration, burning throat and unbelievably sore... everything... be damned, I will take it on the chin and keep smiling as my nose turns progressively more snout-like and my skin takes on a pinkish hue.

Oink.

1 comment:

N said...

Oops, that doesn't sound good! Have you tried rolling around in a mud-pool ;-) ?